If you are an international student, please ensure that you follow these steps to travel here without any hindrances:

Do I need a travel visa?

Please Note: We do not sponsor Student Visas. You can only study with us as a Student Visitor. You must leave the UK before your Student Visitor Visa expires (within 6 months).

  • If you are an EU citizen then you will not need a visa, but bring your passport or valid ID card.
  • If you are a citizen of the USA, Canada, Israel, Australia, or New Zealand then you will not need to apply for a visa before travel; at the border you will request entry to the UK as a Student Visitor. You must still bring the documents listed below.
  • If you are not from a country listed above then you may need to apply for a visa before travel. See more information here.

What documents should I bring to the UK?

All students must bring the following documents and have them ready to present to the Border Control on arrival in the UK:

  1. Passport. You will be unable to travel if your passport is expiring within 6 months. If you do not yet have a passport, please apply as soon as possible as it can take a number of weeks.
  2. Return plane ticket. You must be able to prove to UK Immigration that your stay here is temporary. If you try coming to Britain on a one-way ticket then you may be refused entry and be put on the first flight home. If you have an E-Ticket (not a physical ticket) then bring your itinerary to prove your intention to return.
  3. Your acceptance letter from CCBCY that proves to Immigration that you are actually studying here.
  4. Financial proof that you will be able to support yourself financially during your stay. One of the following will be sufficient:
    • A receipt showing you have paid in full or a cheque made out to CCY for the tuition balance, OR
    • An original Bank Statement showing you have sufficient funds for this semester, OR
    • A copy of a payment plan from us.

Will I be accepted at the border?

So long as you comply with the Student Visitor conditions then the immigration officer should admit you as a Student Visitor. Immigration officers do have discretion about who they admit or reject, so if there is any problem ask the officer to ring Calvary Chapel York on 01904 733 888 and ask to speak to the Director or Registrar.

How do I get from me to you?

See the Travel page.